Interbooks Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) recognizes the importance of personal information and is committed to protecting personal information based on the following policy while being aware that it is part of the Company’s social responsibility to properly handle personal information obtained through its business activities. Personal information used herein is as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan.
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The purposes of use of personal information held by the Company are as described below:
(1) Personal information obtained from the Company’s clients
(i) Purposes concerning the performance of consigned services and delivery of deliverables, etc.
- To perform a service consigned by a client or otherwise fulfill a contract with a client
- To deliver translation/DTP deliverables, etc. to a client and to return materials entrusted to the Company for the relevant work to the client
- To communicate with a client as needed in providing a service to the client
- To collect payments, manage receivables and payables, and maintain client information
(ii) Purposes concerning client interactions
- To provide information about new products or services to clients
- To address an inquiry, consultation request, etc. made by a client, check with the client in connection therewith, and document the status and result thereof
- To provide a follow-up or other relevant service to a client, check with the client in connection therewith, and document the status and result thereof
(iii) Purposes concerning the implementation of measures to improve services and operational efficiency
- To plan, develop and improve the Company’s services
- To conduct surveys, data collection and analysis regarding the Company’s services
(2) Personal information obtained from partner translators, checkers, proofreaders, DTP operators, writers, editors, interpreters and other contractors (collectively, “Registered Partners”) and those who apply for such positions
(i) Personal information obtained from potential Registered Partners
- To manage applicant information
- To conduct employment screening
- To provide information to an applicant for quality improvement purposes
- To notify the result of employment screening and to guide the trial process to an applicant
- To send information about the registration process to a successful applicant
(ii) Personal information obtained from Registered Partners
- To communicate with a Registered Partner as necessary for registration, management or other purposes
- To perform post-registration procedures
- To communicate with a Registered Partner as necessary in connection with any work, including to confirm whether they are willing to undertake such work, and if applicable formally make a request to them for such work, and check with them in connection therewith
- To send information related to the Company’s worker dispatching service to a Registered Partner (if they selected “yes” for “yes-no question on whether you consider working as a temporary worker” at the time of application)
- To send a payment statement by email to a Registered Partner from the Company’s system
- To manage receivables and payables and to process tax affairs and other necessary procedures
- To address any inquiry from a client
- To include relevant information in the Company’s brochure or other materials to promote the Company’s services
- To send information about Company-hosted and other relevant seminars, workshops, etc. to Registered Partners
(3) Personal information obtained from the Company’s employees and those who apply for such positions
(i) Personal information obtained from potential employees
- To manage applicant information
- To provide information on and communicate with an applicant in connection with the recruitment/job-opening
- To conduct employment screening
- To carry out other related activities
(ii) Personal information obtained from employees (including their family members, etc.)
- To carry out employment management services
- To carry out payroll services
- To carry out employee benefit services
- To carry out health management services
- To carry out post-retirement procedures, provide information, and contact with retired employee
- To carry out procedures and communications required by laws and regulations
- To carry out various procedures and communications necessary for business purposes in addition to those listed above
2. Third Party Provision of Personal Information
The Company will not provide personal information to a third party (excluding consignees as described in the following section) except in those cases set forth in the following:
- Cases in which consent of individual has been obtained
- Cases based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body, property, or any other interest, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- Cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the individual would interfere with the performance of the said affairs
- Cases in which the Company provides personal information to another company in connection with the succession of its business by way of merger or otherwise
3. Consignment of Tasks Involving Personal Information
The Company may consign the handling of personal information, either wholly or partially, to an external party to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use as listed in “1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information.” In this case, the Company will select a consignee whose way of handling personal information is deemed appropriate and cause the consignee to appropriately manage personal information by specifying matters necessary to prevent any leakage of personal information in a contract with the consignee so that the proper management and confidentiality of personal information will be ensured.
4. Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information
If the Company receives a request from a principal for disclosure, correction, deletion, or cessation of use (collectively, “Disclosure, etc.”) of their personal information obtained by the Company, it will take any appropriate action in response to such request in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan.
However, the Company may not be able to accept a request for Disclosure, etc. from a principal if taking an action as requested may harm the principal’s or any other person’s life, body, property, or any other interest, significantly interfere with the Company’s operation of its business in the judgment of the Company, or result in a violation of laws and regulations.
5. Management of Personal Information
(1) The Company will securely manage personal information while maintaining the accuracy thereof to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use as listed in “1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information.”
(2) The Company will take proper information security measures against any unauthorized access, computer virus and other threat to prevent any loss, destruction, tampering, or leakage of personal information.
(3) The Company will not allow personal information to be removed or externally transmitted from the Company or otherwise leaked.
(4) The Company will dispose of all personal information of an applicant if it decides not to hire them as a Registered Partner or employee as a result of employment screening, within three months after such decision is made.
6. Organization/System for Personal Information Protection
(1) The Company will appoint a personal information protection manager to ensure the proper management of personal information.
(2) The Company will provide its full-time officers and employees with training on how to protect and properly manage personal information as part of its efforts to ensure the proper handling of personal information.
8. Contact Information for Inquiries About Handling of Personal Information
Management Division, Interbooks Co., Ltd.
6F Kudan Crest Building, 1-5-10 Kudankita, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0073, Japan
To contact us as a client: firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact us as a Registered Partner: email@example.com
To contact us about job openings at the Company: firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised on June 30, 2021